Sunday, December 22, 2013

Life as Usual

Hi guys,

I came back from Iasi on Friday, just in time for all the holiday madness. Because I was away from home for almost a whole month, I didn't yet get the chance to buy Christmas presents for my loved ones or to look for a New Year's Eve outfit. And these days, going to the mall is suicidal :). Sure, I could have done this while I was in Iasi, hadn't it been for my baggage weight limit...So, during the next following days, I will take care of all the Christmas shopping, or literary die trying :).

I will let you know how that went. Until then, though, let me tell you a bit about my stay in Iasi. Iasi is the academic and cultural center of the Moldavian region. I must say I was impressed with the city: beautiful churches and monasteries, old, imposing buildings, museums and memorial houses and amazing parks. While trying hard to preserve its heritage (major restoration projects everywhere: at the Palace of Culture, the Great Synagogue, etc), Iasi surprised me with an interesting ensemble of new buildings and parks right in the city center. The Palas Project contains everything from restaurants, parks, office buildings to a huge mall and an outdoor skating  rink. The area around the mall looked very festive during this time of the year, with a lot of Christmas decorations, a sound and light show projected on the Palace of Culture, and music everywhere.

One of my favorite places to visit was Creanga's hut, where the photos were taken. The guide had this really amazing way of transporting us back to the time Creanga lived there, during the last years of his life. She was using the same language I was familiar with from his beautiful stories.. Plus, I met this cute little dog, who pretty much made his way into all of my photos. But I didn't mind it at all! I mean, look at its face...:)!

Now I'm off to the mall...Wish me luck!

Hugs

Mamalina

Sweater: Camaieu
Shirt: Promod
Patns: Zara
Boots: Bata
Parka: Mango










Ion Creanga's hut of Ticau, Iasi
Beautiful painting by Balasa in the Hall of the Lost Steps, Al. I. Cuza University in Iasi
Al. C. Cuza University, Iasi
Lacery in stone: Three Hierarchs Monastery

5 comments:

  1. Atat de multa veselie mi-au transmis pozele astea! :) Zambetul tau copilaros mai prezent ca oricand, catelul care se implica de parca ar fi avut programata sedinta foto; cu siguranta daca i se iveste un tren al vietii, stie sa-l recunoasca si sa urce in el!:))

    Imi place la nebunie cand ghidul stie sa isi faca meseria, sa capteze atentia, sa te farmece!

    La tinuta, ce-as putea comenta eu ca novice?! Ma farmeca felul in care stii sa combini culorile incat piesele vestimentare se pun in valoare cu reciprocitate! Fara repros! Mai este ceva fascinant: naturaletea ta! :)

    Frumos orasul tau, ii spuneam sotului meu ca imi doresc sa ajungem si noi macar o data!

    Pupici si imbratisare, cu drag!
    Spor la shopping, zile cu relaxare, clipe frumoase si vesele! Sarbatori cu sanatate si... vorba lui Creanga: cele bune sa se-adune, cele rele sa se spele!

    Ilda
    Lavender Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumeeeesc frumos pentru cuvintele tale! Sarbatori minunate iti doresc!

      Delete
  2. Doamne cat de scump poate fi cutu', dragul de el, a facut o treaba minunata ^_^ Superbe intr-adevar locurile pe care le-ai vizitat, imi amintesc de copilarie si ma duc cu gandul acasa. Iar tinuta e absolut perfecta, ador cobinatia de culori.

    Sa ai parte de un Craciun de vis alaturi de cei dragi :*

    Te imbratisez,
    xx

    www.oteea-land.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, your dog! These pictures are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your sweet comments! They mean the world! Hugs!